TWO DAY TELLINGTON TTOUCH WORKSHOP
December 7-8 CANTERBURY
This workshop will be taught by Alex Wilson (P2) in association with the Dog Training College
This is a 2-day Tellington TTouch workshop combining theory with practical sessions. We will have a power point presentations looking at the link between posture and behaviour and understanding about tension patterns in dogs and how TTouch can help lower the dog's arousal level. We will learn some of the hands-on body touches and we will look at the use of body wraps as well as some of the groundwork used in TTouch to help high-drive dogs make positive choices.
We will also explore some of the strategies to help Naughty But Nice Dogs®. Please note that this is NOT a full 2-day practical course and we will be working with dogs during the course but we also will have theory sessions and sessions where we practice some of the Tellington TTouch methods on each other.
Alex Wilson - is a level 2 certified Tellington TTouch Practitioner and an Absolute Dogs, Pro Dog Trainer and the senior instructor at the Dog Training College. He is also a student member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers
Once you have booked your place please can you complete your registration form.
What Will We Be Doing On Our Zero to Hero to Tellington TTouch Workshop?
The Two-day Tellington TTouch Workshop will encompass how we observe our dogs, a basic understanding of dog body language and understanding the effects of coat patterns in dogs and what that means.
• Learning about tension patterns in dogs and how we can use TTouch to release tension and looking at the link between posture and behaviour.
• How Tellington TTouch can be a great tool to add to the other training programmes and how we use TTouch to lower dogs arousal and even bring dogs down from threshold.
• Understanding and learning Tellington TTouch bodywork. You will learn a number of the touches and have time to practice on other participants as well as on dogs.
• Understanding and using bodywraps and how they can help dogs focus and relax. We will discuss how these tools will have an effect on the dogs nervous system.
• Groundwork, we will explore different groundwork techniques and see how groundwork can help dogs to make positive choices and teach them to move slowly in balance and help them focus.
• Stopping dogs pulling seminar, We will look at the TTouch leading techniques, we will look at how to teach dogs to walk in their own balance without pulling on the lead. We will explore some of the different groundwork techniques we use in TTouch with time to practice them with the dogs.
• Free Work, we will explore Ace Free Work and learn how it can help us observe and understand our dogs.
.... And Much More.
Each participant will receive a certificate of attendance.
These courses can count towards Continued Professional Development (CPD) Each workshop will have limited number of places available.
We will provide morning and afternoon tea, but please bring a packed lunch with you. We will also have a small range of equipment for sale suitable for Tellington TTouch training including, wraps, harnesses, leads, DVDs and books.
We can provide a variety of one day workshops anywhere in the UK. Our standard workshop is a one day Introduction to TTouch day that will give you the tools to start using the work on your dog/s. This course can also be very helpful to people working in the rescue world and want to incorporate TTouch into their day to day dog management programme. We can also offer a one day intermediate workshop for people who have attending a one day workshop with us or another practitioner. This course will offer participants the opportunity to hone their skills and learn new touches. Non reactive dogs are welcome to attend our workshops, but please make sure that any dog you bring can cope with the environment. Please bring a crate for your dog so that they can have time out as there will be sessions where we do not work with dogs. If you would like details of upcoming workshops please join our mailing list below. The costs of the introduction to TTouch course is £75.00 per participant and for the intermediate course £80.00 per participant.
Would your dog club, dog organisation like to host a Tellington TTouch workshop? Please contact us as we can arrange workshops at your venue for your clients or members. This can also be used as a great fund raiser for a charity of dog rescue. Please email or call us on 0330 088 3647 for more details.