ONE DAY INTRODUCTION TO TELLINGTON TTOUCH WORKSHOP AND, ONE DAY INTERMEDIATE TTOUCH WORKSHOP, PERSHOE, WORCESTERSHIRE
This workshop will be taught by Alex Wilson (P1) in association with the Gelert Behaviour Training
May 6 (introduction) May 7 (Intermediate)
The Introduction workshops will introduce the Tellington TTouch method of training and during the day we will look at how to observe our dogs, we will learn some of the touches, understand why we use wraps and anxiety coats, as well as look at why dogs pull on the lead and look at ways to prevent them from pulling using harnesses and a groundwork. See below for the full plan for the day.
Our Intermediate workshop is aimed at people with TTouch experience and give you the chance to hone your skills, learn new TTouch, and look at more advanced groundwork techniques. We will also look at observations in more depth.
Hosted by Gelert Behaviour Training
Once you have booked your place please can you complete your registration form.
What Will We Be Doing On Our Introduction to Tellington TTouch Workshop?
1. Introducing the Tellington TTouch
2. Observations we would look at things that we see in our dogs, what it might mean etc. We will look at the dogs in the group followed by a group discussion about we saw in our dogs.
3. Touches. We would learn a about 3 or 4 of the TTouches, and practise on each other and then on the dogs.
4. Containment, using the Abalone touch and how this can help with puppies and at the vet etc.
5. Wraps and calming coats, how they work and why they will help dogs. We will use the wraps on each other as well as on dogs.
6. Movement and groundwork and loose lead walking. Including the balance leash 2 points of contact and the liberty leash. Participants can try one or all three of these options walking and around some groundwork.
7. .... And Much More
Each participant will be able to download full notes and articles relating to TTouch, along with a certificate of attendance. These courses can count towards Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Each workshop will have limited number of places available.
What Will We Be Doing On Our Intermediate Tellington TTouch Workshop?
1. Understanding TTouch
2. Observations we will be looking at how to observe our dogs in more depth, and practical.
3. Touches. We will extend your portfolio of touches and focus on the quality of the TTouch circle, practical session
5. Wraps and calming coats, how they work and why they will help dogs.
6. Movement and groundwork and loose lead walking. We will look at more advanced groundwork techniques and include the use of the rope in TTouch
. .... And Much More Each participant will be able to download full notes and articles relating to TTouch, along with a certificate of attendance.
These courses can count towards Continued Professional Development (CPD)Each workshop will have limited number of places available.
We will provide morning and afternoon tea, but please bring a packed lunch with you. We will also have a small range of equipment for sale suitable for Tellington TTouch training including, wraps, harnesses, leads, Calming Coats and books.
We can provide a variety of one day workshops anywhere in the UK. Our standard workshop is a one day Introduction to TTouch day that will give you the tools to start using the work on your dog/s. This course can also be very helpful to people working in the rescue world and want to incorporate TTouch into their day to day dog management programme. We can also offer a one day intermediate workshop for people who have attending a one day workshop with us or another practitioner. This course will offer participants the opportunity to hone their skills and learn new touches. Non reactive dogs are welcome to attend our workshops, but please make sure that any dog you bring can cope with the environment. Please bring a crate for your dog so that they can have time out as there will be sessions where we do not work with dogs. If you would like details of upcoming workshops please join our mailing list below. The costs of the introduction to TTouch course is £70.00 per participant and for the intermediate course £85.00 per participant.
Would your dog club, dog organisation like to host a Tellington TTouch workshop? Please contact us as we can arrange workshops at your venue for your clients or members. This can also be used as a great fund raiser for a charity of dog rescue. Please email or call us on 0330 088 3647 for more details.